Sunday, April 4, 2010

Update

I'm busy busy busy with school, but I thought I'd post and let you all know what I'm so busy with.
On Tuesday I have my Statement of Intent due for my Thesis, which takes place all of nest year. I'm busy working on that and the visual response that goes with it. I will have a full post on that when I'm done and have photos and a finished statement. But here's the gist of it: I'm going to be talking about the Canadian Women's Suffrage Movement and how it influenced the handbag and how the handbag influenced the movement. For my visual response I am creating a handbag that, on the outside talks about the stereotypes that men believed of women in the time before the movement (eg. weak, over-emotional, not worthy of the vote or of education) and on the inside of the handbag I will talk about what women really are (eg. smart, strong, caring, deserving of education and the right to vote and make decisions, etc.).

For my Advanced Fibre Studies class I am creating a huge wall installation that will hypothetically be installed at Knox College at U of T. I am creating hundreds of white fabric flowers to talk about weddings and how flowers typically used at weddings become disposable objects.

Lastly, I am working on a project for my business class. We have to create a business plan and a prototype. I am working on a business plan for a company that makes handbags out of pre-loved clothing and fabrics. For the prototype I am making an envelope-style clutch out of pre-loved handbag and men's dress shirt.

As you can see I am extremely busy for the next few weeks. I will try and post when I have new photos to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment